The problem with these superbugs is that they're expensive to treat- only in hospital with mega exy drugs... and if the new NDM1 bacteria invades, we're frankly running out of options. To avoid getting infected with a superbug follow these tips;
- Wash your hands well (soap and water is fine!) especially before eating
- Stay healthy in general. Bugs thrive in sick people
- If you're travelling in developing countries like India, get obsessive about hand & food hygiene
- If you're visiting someone in hospital, don't bring hospital germs home. Wash your hands well on your way out
- Do u really need antibiotics? More than half antibiotic scripts in Australia are for viruses! Useless!
- If you do take antibiotics, take the whole course at the prescribed dose.
Stay healthy guys!!!
Watch the Sunrise segment HERE